Indianapolis Shared Ride Service
Share-a-ride service is low cost transportation, which utilizes a fleet of vans, sedans, limousines, and minibuses to transport people to and from the Indianapolis International Airport. The share-a-ride service requires that the customer allow us to make additional stops in route to or from the airport. The client is also allowing us to choose the type of vehicle. The benefit to the company is that we are able to plan for the number of people that are going to/from the airport, as well as to load the vehicle to maximize the cost and revenue per mile of the vehicle. The benefit to the customer is that the rate for the service is less than our private service and, in special cases, less than half the price of a cab.
For the most part, our share-a-ride service is only valid for the Indianapolis area; however we do have share-a-ride service to selected surrounding cities. Carey Indiana's share-a-ride service operates under very specific rules, set by the Airport Authority and Carey Indiana.
All share-a-ride pick-ups at the Indianapolis International Airport are made at the Ground Transportation Center (GTC), located on the first (1st) level of the parking garage outside of the baggage claim area. Carey Indiana has a staffed counter in this facility from 8:00 am until 12: 00 midnight (GTC map).
Shared Ride Rules:
- Passengers are not allowed to request additional stops.
- No pets are allowed under share-a-ride transportation (except for the vision impaired).
- All share-a-ride rates are based on a per person basis.
- Share-a-ride customers must be picked up at the times we specify or we will not guarantee their flight.
- Carey Indiana will be allowed a 10-minute window for all pick-ups. (I.E. If a passenger has a pick-up at 9:00am, the pick-up may be as early as 8:50 am, or as late as 9:10 am).
- Passengers are allowed only two pieces of luggage per person.
If the above criteria is too rigid, we would suggest using our private service.